competitive, circa £45,000 per annum
12 months FTC (maternity cover)
Trafford Housing Trust is embarking on a large scale Digital Transformation which will be crucial in changing the way we communicate with our customers and deliver organisational efficiency savings. This role will see the successful Transformation Programme Manager play a significant role in the delivery of a broad programme of software and digital transformation projects.
This is a key position requiring strong leadership and technical project management skills, and the capability to deliver at pace. The successful candidate will own and take full accountability for the implementation of the Customer Service Technology and Intelligence Programme. You will have line management responsibility for the software development team but will also matrix manage resources across the wider IT and Business Transformation teams and own the day to day relationship with key business stakeholders and 3rd party technical suppliers, ensuring buy-in and commitment to delivery.
As a Programme Manager your main responsibilities will be:
• Programme Management: Determining the full scale and scope of the programme and the impact that delivery will have on the Business as well as on related areas. Realising programme benefits ensuring significant business improvement is achieved timely, efficiently and effectively.
• Change Management: Providing consultancy to strategic programmes and business initiatives, to enable the delivery of change. Working alongside stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities for efficiency and the improvement of customer service.
• Business Systems Analysis: Ensure that the requirements of system users are captured and that their needs are met through effective and future-proof solutions design that is aligned with the organisation’s infrastructure and applications strategies.
• Financial/Cost Management: Assessing and analysing both individual project and overall programme implementation costs and benefits. Monitoring and control of programme costs.
• Relationship Management: Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with business areas and central functions up to and including senior level
• People Management and Team Working: Developing/leading a project team capable of delivering the programme objectives. Coaching/mentoring less experienced project managers and business analysts in the skills required to deliver software and digital transformation.
• Business change management experience is essential, preferably in the context of CRM/ERP implementation or digital transformation programmes.
• Experience of working in an agile software development environment.
• Demonstrable success when measuring adoption rates.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to build rapport and establish immediate credibility at the most senior levels
• Innovative and creative thinking.
• Experience in managing complexity, ambiguity and change across the business.
• Excellent influencing and facilitation skills.
Closing Date: 31st October 2017.