competitive, circa £50,000 per annum
12 months FTC (maternity cover)
Trafford Housing Trust is embarking on a large scale Transformation Programme which will be crucial in accelerating business growth, transforming customer service, delivering organisational efficiency savings, whilst maintaining our profit for purpose focus on tackling poverty, inequality and injustice. This role will see the successful Transformation Programme Manager play a significant role in the development of the programme and the leadership of its implementation.
This is a key position requiring strong leadership, business acumen and the capability to deliver at pace. The successful candidate will work with the leadership team to develop the organisation’s approach to programme governance and will have responsibility for oversight of benefit realisation. You will have line management responsibility for a team of Business Transformation Officers with skills in business improvement, business analysis and project management, but will also matrix manage project resources across the wider organisation, ensuring buy-in and commitment to delivery.
As a Programme Manager your main responsibilities will be:
• Programme Management: Determining the full scale and scope of the programme and the impact that delivery will have on the Business as well as on related areas. Realising programme benefits ensuring significant business improvement is achieved timely, efficiently and effectively.
• Change Management: Providing consultancy to strategic programmes and business initiatives, to enable the delivery of change.
• Programme Strategy: Leading on the shaping of the approach to strategic change initiatives to deliver key programme requirements in line with the requirements of the sponsors. Working alongside stakeholders to identify strategic opportunities and risks to the business, and the development of projects to address these.
• Financial/Cost Management: Assessing and analysing both individual project and overall programme implementation costs and benefits. Monitoring and control of programme costs.
• Relationship Management: Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with business areas and central functions up to and including senior level.
• People Management and Team Working: Developing/leading a project team capable of delivering the programme objectives.
• Enabling continuous improvement: Leading work to embed a culture of continuous improvement and develop continuous improvement skills across the organisation.
• Experience in whole-system change, including business and operating model design, technological change and programme implementation.
• Evidence of working with the business to understand, assess and plan for the needs of the future organisation, including the ability to interpret and use data to support and drive change.
• The ability to provide leadership to multi-disciplinary teams to implement business-wide change programmes whilst ensuring effective operational delivery is maintained.
• Strong focus on benefit realisation and return on investment.
• A track record of embedding internal change capability and effective (but not bureaucratic) programme governance.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to build rapport and establish immediate credibility at the most senior levels
• Innovative and creative thinking.
• Experience in managing complexity, ambiguity and change across the business.
• Excellent influencing and facilitation skills.
Closing Date: Closing Date: 31sth October 2017.